As a charity seeking donations from the public we, Haven, aim to comply with the Guidelines for Charitable Organisations Fundraising from the Public.
Our pledge is to treat all our donors with respect, honesty and openness.
We commit to being accountable and transparent so that donors and prospective donors can have full confidence in Haven.
We promise we will effectively apply your gifts to us for their intended purposes. We commit that you, our donors and prospective donors will:
- Be informed of our mission, and of the way we intend to use donated resources
- Be informed of the identity of those serving on our governing board, and that the board will exercise prudent judgement in its stewardship responsibilities
- Have access to our most recent financial statements
- Be assured your gifts will be used for the purposes for which they were given
- Receive appropriate acknowledgement and recognition
- Be assured that information about your donation is handled with respect and with confidentiality to the extent provided by law
- Expect that all relationships with individuals representing the charity will be dealt with professionally
- Be informed whether those seeking donations are volunteers, employees, or hired third party agents
- Have available the agreed procedures for making and responding to complaints
- Have the opportunity for any names to be deleted from mailing lists and to be informed if we intend to share the mailing lists with third parties
- Receive prompt, truthful and forthright answers to questions you might have of our work and organisation.
Handling Feedback and Complaints
We are committed to ensuring that all our communications and dealings with the general public and our supporters are of the highest possible standard. We listen and respond to the views of the general public and our supporters so that we can continue to improve.
If you do have a comment about any aspect of our work, you can contact us in writing or by telephone. In the first instance, your comment will be dealt with by our General Manager. Please give us as much information as possible and let us know how you would like us to respond, providing relevant contact details.
Please write to Orlaith Grehan, General Manager, The Malthouse South Block, Grand Canal Quay, Dublin 2, Ireland.
Alternatively, you can phone +353 1 681 5440 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to share your feedback with us.
We are open from Monday to Friday each week, between 9.00 am and 5.30 pm.
For more information on the Guidelines for Charitable Organisations Fundraising from the Public, please visit the website of the Charities Institute Ireland.